These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Successful Farming Magazine Left-Center Biased based on story selection and tone that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact-check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
First published in 1902, Successful Farming Magazine is a print magazine and website covering business, production, and lifestyle in the farm industry. The website does not have an about page; however, its owner DotDash Meredith describes them as “Successful Farming serves the business, production, and family information needs of families who make farming and ranching their business.”
Funded by / Ownership
DotDash Meredith owns and publishes Successful Farming Magazine. The corporation “owns magazines, television stations, websites, and radio stations. Dotdash Meredith’s publications have more than 120 million readerships, paid circulation of more than 40 million, and its websites have nearly 135 million monthly unique visitors. DotDash Meredith’s broadcast television stations reach 11% of U.S. households.” Advertising, subscriptions, and newsstand sales generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Successful Farming Magazine and the associated website Agriculture.com reports news and information on markets, technology, weather, crops, management, family, and livestock. Articles and headlines utilize minimal loaded emotional language such as this U.S. FARMERS LOOK FOR PREMIUM FOR REMAINING 2021 CORN, SOYBEANS, and THIS FIFTH-GENERATION FARMER HAS A UNIQUE APPROACH TO SOIL HEALTH. Original reporting for the magazine uses quotes rather than hyperlinks to source information. The website also curates market news from Reuters.
Editorially, they do not publish opinion content; however, when covering politics, it relates to farming, such as this LAND STEWARDSHIP WOULD GET A MODEST INCREASE FROM BIDEN. While reporting on the Biden administration is usually neutral or slightly favorable, reporting on the former Trump administration was not as positive such as this TRUMP INTRUDES ON SPRING PLANTING FOR SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. Generally, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate Successful Farming Magazine Left-Center Biased based on story selection and tone that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact-check record. (D. Van Zandt 07/03/2022)
Last Updated on July 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/19/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Higher Perspectiveby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media showby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/18/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bemidji Pioneerby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/17/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 am