These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: www.stopfake.org is a credible news source, but you will find a very pro Ukraine stand point to combat the state controlled and often very pro Russian news most people in that area get. From speaking with sources from Ukraine and people familiar with the conflicts, the news in Ukraine and around Crimea is riddled with false and misleading information often from Russian sources. There’s little to be trusted. As far as the site goes: Titles like: Six Outrageous Lies Russian Disinformation Peddled about Europe in 2016 Uses a very modern click bait method to gain attention. However, inside it shows the various .ru (Russian) news reports that show disinformation that is being spread throughout Europe about various events. Some to focus on are the rise of immigrants into Europe and over stating the crimes and destruction they pose. Russian media claims that Poland is building a wall to keep Ukraine people out. But references an interview where that is never mentioned.
This piece about Reddit shows how much research they will put into debunking the false information spread far and wide they feel is from Russian sources. It has links to Reddit, Buzzfeed, Twitter, CNN, .RU sites.
If you are interested in follow what is happening in Crimea and subsequently what is happening between Ukraine and Russia, you should view this site. There is a lot of news that is not covered in Western countries and lots of people are in the dark about what is happening over there. This article goes over the Russian propaganda machine in full effect. It cites the Russian Media sites that perpetuate lies and then back track the lies after the fact. Russia accuses Ukraine and rebels over the fighting when it’s the opposite. Overall, this source leans left, but sources consistently to credible information. (M. Allen)
Latest from StopFake
- Фейк: Сборная Украины исключила из своего состава футболиста-нациста Зозулю March 28, 2017 1:42 pm
- Аннексия Крыма и параллельная реальность Кремля: как противостоять российским мифам? March 28, 2017 12:58 pm
- Фейк: В Украине из-за Майдана и кризиса эпидемия туберкулеза March 28, 2017 4:08 am
- Телепропаганда. Март 2017. Часть 3 March 27, 2017 3:21 pm
- Денис Волков: «Крым» не работает: почему люди возвращаются на улицы March 27, 2017 2:00 pm
- StopFakeNews 151. Реакция российских СМИ на запрет на въезд в Украину Юлии Самойловой March 27, 2017 7:09 am
- Павел Казарин: «Евровидение» и Самойлова. Крымское послесловие March 24, 2017 6:45 pm
- Игорь Яковенко: Как и почему растет русское счастье March 24, 2017 6:16 pm
- Телепропаганда. Март 2017. Часть 2 March 24, 2017 5:56 pm
- Расследование РБК: как из «фабрики троллей» выросла «фабрика медиа» March 24, 2017 5:51 pm