These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate StepFeed Left-Center biased and Mixed for factual reporting based on other Mixed sources.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: United Arab Emirates (132/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2015, StepFeed is a Dubai-based magazine gossip tabloid focused on delivering news coverage, entertainment, and celebrity gossip to Arab millennials. The Step Group is a partner with the DMS group, which is the official digital arm of Choueiri Group. Chaker Khazaal is the editor-in-chief for StepFeed and YallaFeed.com. According to Reporters without borders, UAE ranked 131 in the 2021 World Press Freedom Index, and The United Arab Emirates regularly participates in the online surveillance of journalists.
Funded by / Ownership
StepFeed is now a newsletter, and we do not have info on their current ownership.
Analysis / Bias
In review, StepFeed publishes stories with sensational headlines such as “Egyptian singer arrested for music video with a banana,” “The average Arab breast size is either ‘A or B cup’… here’s a breakdown.” However, they utilize credible sources in their political news such as Newsweek, Reuters, Times of Israel, and occasionally factually mixed sources such as RT news, The Sun, and Daily Mail. When covering political news stories, StepFeed slightly favors the left through story selection and wording.
StepFeed has moved to a Newsletter format that we are choosing not to subscribe to. This is a low confidence review from years past.
Overall, we rate StepFeed Left-Center biased and Mixed for factual reporting based on poor sources. (M. Huitsing 11/20/2017) Updated (11/10/2021)
Last Updated on November 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am