These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1878 by Joseph Pulitizer, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is a daily newspaper from St. Louis, Missouri. It is the largest daily newspaper in the metropolitan area by circulation. The current editor is Gilbert Bailon.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by Lee Enterprises, which according to Open Secrets has donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians since 1990. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports local news, crime, and sports through local reporters with minimal bias such as this: Missouri COVID-19 cases pass 7,000, as Illinois reports nearly 2,000 cases in a single day. National and world news is derived from the Associated Press.
Editorially, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has endorsed Democratic presidential candidates for the last 40 years. A review of their op-ed pages also reveals more that favor the left. In general, they report news factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/29/2016) Updated (4/27/2020)
Last Updated on August 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm