These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Source Politics Left biased based on story selection and general editorial positions that favor the left. We also rate them Mixed for reporting due to a lack of transparency and misleading headlines as well as a failed fact check.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2017, Source Politics is a liberal news and opinion website that does not disclose ownership or authors of articles. The about page states “Source Politics features opinion, political, and social commentary on the news. We are not in the business of breaking news. We source information from others that have reported on it first. We also are not to be considered an unbiased news source. Progressive/liberal/moderate Democrats comprise the majority of the bloggers that write for Source Politics, and their views and opinions typically lean that way.” The website does not list an editor, which demonstrates a lack of transparency.
Funded by / Ownership
Through some digging, we found that Source Politics may be owned/managed by Harriet McCune. We do not confirm this, just suggesting a link. The website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Source Politics exclusively favors liberal causes and agenda through story selection. For example, this story: Trump says ‘economy is great’ – then manufacturing numbers hit their lowest in a decade. This story is appropriately sourced to CNBC. In another story, Trump calls NRA’s CEO today to personally assure him he’ll stop background checks there is again proper sourcing to the Atlantic. A common theme found on this website is the link to David Brock controlled media such as Media Matters and Shareblue. David Brock is a longtime advocate for centrist Democrats such as Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
A factual search reveals one failed fact check.
- The Trump family took seats reserved for guests with disabilities at the 74th session of the U.N. General Assembly. – FALSE
Overall, we rate Source Politics Left biased based on story selection and general editorial positions that favor the left. We also rate them Mixed for reporting due to a lack of transparency and misleading headlines as well as a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 8/22/2019) Updated (9/27/2019)
Last Updated on August 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds