These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Media Matters for America is a politically progressive media watchdog in the United States. The organization has a stated mission of “comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media”. Set up as a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, MMfA was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock as a counterweight to the conservative Media Research Center. It is known for its aggressive criticism of conservative journalists and media outlets, including its “War on Fox News (Wikipedia).” According to Politifact Media Matters has been factual in reporting.
Latest from Media Matters
- Fox Host: The Important Thing To Remember From The London Terror Attack Is Never To Blame Guns
- Trump Invokes Right-Wing Media’s Misrepresentation Of NY Times Article To Defend His Wiretap Lie
- Hate Group's Explanation For Why It's Not A Hate Group Exemplifies Why It's A Hate Group
- Cristina López De Media Matters: La Propuesta De Trump De Retirar Fondos A Los Medios Estatales Va A Afectar Adversamente A Sus Propios Votantes
- The GOP Health Care Bill Actually Does What Conservatives Said Obamacare Would Do -- And Worse
- How Conservatives Smeared Obamacare And Laid The Groundwork For Trumpcare
- Health Care Expert Jonathan Cohn: GOP's Plan To Eliminate Essential Health Benefits Won't "Reduce Costs"
- The Press Seemed Amazed By Trump’s Wiretapping Lie, But Trump Lies About Everything
- How Broadcast Networks Covered Climate Change In 2016
- How Highlighting Personal Narratives Combats Abortion Stigma
- On Fox, Bloomberg's Eli Lake Says Nunes’ Muddled, Nothingburger Statement On Surveillance Of Trump Transition Was “An Important Story”
- Newt Gingrich: We Must Defeat "Left-Wing Mythology That You Can Be Multicultural And Still Be A Single Country"
- Tucker Carlson: "Western Cities Got Dangerous When They Imported Radical Religious Ideologies"
- O'Reilly: Trump's False Wiretap Claims "Might Not Have Been Far Off"
- Right-Wing Media Falsely Claim Rep. Nunes Vindicated Trump’s Wiretap Lie