These media sources are highly biased toward liberal causes. They utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Media Matters for America is a politically progressive media watchdog in the United States. The organization has a stated mission of “comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media”. Set up as a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, MMfA was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock as a counterweight to the conservative Media Research Center. It is known for its aggressive criticism of conservative journalists and media outlets, including its “War on Fox News (Wikipedia).” According to Politifact Media Matters has been factual in reporting.
Latest from Media Matters
- Fox's Kurtz: "A Bit Unfair" To Report On Domestic Violence Allegations Against Withdrawn Labor Secretary Because "It Was So Long Ago"
- CNN's Brian Stelter: Trump's Attacks On The Press Are A "Verbal Form Of Poison"
- Rush Limbaugh On Fox News Sunday: Obama Got His Agenda Passed In His First Year Because He Is Black
- Jesse Watters: Trump Isn’t Racist Because He Met With Kanye And Has Taken Pictures With Black People
- Fox's Watters Tells Imam "There Is A Muslim Problem In The World"
- National Review Whitewashes Breitbart’s Role In The Rise Of Anti-Semitism, Instead Blames “Leftist Anti-Zionists”
- Fox's Dana Perino Lobbies For Former Fox Colleague KT McFarland As Next National Security Advisor
- Front Page Headlines Fall For Trump’s Press Conference Trap
- CNN Thinks Trump Is "Savvy" To Take Credit For Obama-Era Manufacturing Jobs Recovery
- Anti-Semites Praise Trump For Berating Jewish Reporter And Refusing To Condemn Anti-Semitism In Press Conference
- Do’s And Don'ts Of Covering Immigration Under Trump
- Telemundo Guest Explains How Ford's Latest Move In Mexico Shows Trump "Deceived His Electorate"
- Rachel Maddow: "How Can The Republicans Possibly Defend" Voting To Confirm Scott Pruitt Before His Emails With Oil Companies Are Released?
- CNN Trump Shill Jeffrey Lord Compares Congressional Black Caucus To The KKK
- Right-Wing Media Figures Loved Donald Trump's Unhinged Press Conference And Assault On The Press