These media sources are highly biased toward liberal causes. They utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Media Matters for America is a politically progressive media watchdog in the United States. The organization has a stated mission of “comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media”. Set up as a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, MMfA was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock as a counterweight to the conservative Media Research Center. It is known for its aggressive criticism of conservative journalists and media outlets, including its “War on Fox News (Wikipedia).” According to Politifact Media Matters has been factual in reporting.
Latest from Media Matters
- The White House Press Secretary Just Declared War On Reality And The Press
- "My Shirts Aren't Going To Iron Themselves": Conservatives Launch Attacks On Women’s March
- What Pundits At Trump's Inauguration Called Populism Is Bigotry, Misogyny, And A Love Of Big Money
- “Hail Prez Trump!”: White Nationalist Media Celebrate Trump Inauguration
- Alex Jones On Trump Inauguration Speech: “The Message We Heard In This Speech Has Been My Message For Over A Decade”
- Media Should Report That President Trump Is Violating The Constitution -- And It's An Impeachable Offense
- NBC's Chuck Todd: Steve Bannon Is "Not Ideological"
- Eight Things We Learned From Scott Pruitt’s EPA Confirmation Hearing
- How Years Of The Right-Wing Media’s Obama Hatred Paved The Way For Trump
- Jim Hoft Announces That Trump Will Allow The Gateway Pundit To Have A Correspondent In The White House
- New York Times: Trump Ally Roger Stone Under Investigation For Possible Russia Ties
- Fox's Charles Krauthammer Compares John Lewis Inauguration Boycott To Nazi Sympathizing Charles Lindbergh
- Donald Trump: "Fox [News] Has Treated Us Very Well, I Have To Say"
- Bill O'Reilly: Donald Trump Must Use Twitter To Defend Himself From National Media
- Right-Wing Media's Latest Conspiracy: CNN Wants Trump Assassinated