These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Simple Politics Least Biased and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015, Simple Politics is a UK-based website that simply explains politics and issues related to the UK and beyond. According to their about page, “Simple Politics does things differently. We exist to help you have better conversations about the issues and the changes that matter. We do so by being clear, accurate, and impartial. Also, light-hearted, engaging, and occasionally (but not as often as we think) amusing.”
Funded by / Ownership
Tatton Spiller appears to be the owner and founder of Simple Politics. A shop that sells their book and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Simple Politics uses info-graphics in an easy-to-understand format to describe different aspects of politics. For example: What is Capitalism? Simple Politics is very careful to cover all sides and perspectives of issues with minimal bias. They also source all of their information to credible sources. The website does not appear to be updated frequently. While we won’t retire it, we also won’t update the rating as not much has changed.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Simple Politics Least Biased and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/30/2018) Updated (01/21/2022)
Last Updated on January 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am