Oklahoma’s NewsChannel 4/ KFOR TV is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and broadcasting since 1949. KFOR TV particularly focuses on information in Oklahoma City, delivering local news, breaking news, weather, and sports.
Funded by / Ownership
KFOR-TV is owned by Nexstar Media Group, which owns over 200 TV stations nationwide. The founder, chairman, president and CEO of Nexstar is Perry A. Sook. According to Open Secrets, Nexstar Media group gave more money to Republicans in the 2018 election cycle (45% to Democrats, 55% to Republicans). Revenue is generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the KFOR-TV website publishes news about Oklahoma City and the surrounding areas. Local news features original reporting with minimal bias such as this: Oklahoma City police investigating possible homicide after person found dead in vehicle. National news is primarily covered through CNN Wire. Lastly, the KFOR website does not publish op-eds. In general, they report news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KFOR Least Biased based on neutral straight news reporting without offering opinion pieces. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/15/2017) Updated (6/29/2020)
Last Updated on June 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm