These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy Left-Center biased based on economic policy and High for factual reporting.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank that works on state and federal tax policy issues. ITEP was founded in 1980, and is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. ITEP describes its mission as striving to “keep policymakers and the public informed of the effects of current and proposed tax policies on tax fairness, government budgets and sound economic policy.” ITEP is a partner with the left-leaning Citizens for Tax Justice.
Funded by / Ownership
ITEP is a non-profit organization funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
ITEP has been sourced by both Republicans and Democrats, however, they favor a more liberal economic policy. ITEP also has a blog that reports on taxes and economic policy. There is little use of loaded language and all information is properly sourced. A factual search reveals that they have never failed a fact check. In fact, ITEP is frequently used as a source for fact checks regarding tax policy.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy Left-Center biased based on economic policy and High for factual reporting. (D. Van Zandt 3/8/2018) Updated (01/14/2022)
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm