Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Hate Group
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The National Alliance is a white supremacist, neo-Nazi, anti-semitic, and white separatist political organization. It was founded by prominent white supremacist William Luther Pierce in 1974 and was based in Hillsboro, West Virginia. Membership in 2002 was estimated at 2,500 with an annual income of $1 million. Membership declined after Pierce’s death in 2002, and after a split in its ranks in 2005, the group has been barely functioning. At this point, the National Alliance has merged and become National Vanguard, which holds the same policy positions.
Funded by / Ownership
As of this review, we cannot determine ownership. Donations, sale of books/merchandise all appear to support the National Vanguard.
Analysis / Bias
On the National Alliance website, they publish stories directly from the National Vanguard, a white supremacist hate group. The Southern Poverty Law Center has both groups classified as hate groups. Under the What We believe category, they clearly state their hateful, racist agenda “We believe that no multi-racial society can be a truly healthy society, and no government which is not wholly responsible to a single racial entity can be a good government. America’s present deterioration stems from her loss of racial homogeneity and racial consciousness and from the consequent alienation of most of our fellow citizens.”
We do not want to be associated with this source on Google and therefore do not provide a link to them. This is a vile organization that deserves scorn!
Overall, we rate the National Alliance an extreme right-biased and Questionable source based on being a hate group that promotes racial pseudoscience and conspiracy theories. (D. Van Zandt 10/3/2017) Updated (10/20/2021)
Last Updated on October 20, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am