Reasoning: Hate Group, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2005, National Vanguard is an alt-right white supremacy organization founded and run by Kevin Alfred Strom, who is a former member of the National Alliance, which is a white supremacist, neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic, and white separatist political organization. According to NBC29 and ABC News, Kevin Alfred Strom, on January 4, 2007, was arrested on charges of possession of child pornography and witness tampering. Charlottesville Newspaper, The Daily Progress reported in 2008, Strom was sentenced to 23 months in prison on a child pornography charge.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, but Kevin Strom is the head of the organization. Donations and the sale of merchandise generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, National Vanguard uses loaded emotional language in their articles and headlines such as: “Chicago: Blacks, “Fleeing Authorities,” Try to Hide in Police Station.” They also use other extreme-right white extremist blogs as their sources, such as modernheretic3000. Further, the Southern Poverty Law Center lists National Vanguard as a white supremacist site.
Editorially they are fiercely anti-immigrant such as this Schrodinger’s Immigration Policy. To put them in perspective, they often criticize former President Trump for his liberal policies regarding immigration and his support for Israel Trump’s Latest Jew Criminal Pardon Spree. In general, National Vanguard is one of the most despicable sites on the internet. It is amazing they are still online. They are the definition of a hate group. If you ever see a friend share a story from this group, the unfriend option should come quickly.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the National Vanguard extreme right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of racist propaganda, conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, a lack of transparency, and designation as a hate group by third-party evaluators. (M. Huitsing 9/29/2017) Updated (9/19/2021)
Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am