These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate AmoMama Least Biased based on minimal reporting on politics that is generally balanced. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High, due to a lack of transparency in ownership and the occasional promotion of pseudoscience.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: Cyprus 28/180
Founded in 2017, AmoMama is an entertainment news website that is geared toward a female audience. The website claims that 98% of its readership is female. According to their about page they state “Every day we work hard to make our content quality higher and more relevant for our audience. Our team is a group of professionals, who are fully engaged in all content creating a process and devote themselves to serve the needs of our Facebook followers.” They also disclaim “Here at NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM, we believe nonpartisan and transparent fact-checking can be a powerful instrument of media accountability.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not openly disclose ownership, however AmoMama is owned AmoMama Media Limited based in Cyprus. The director is listed as Marija Kesic. Revenue appears to be primarily derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, AmoMama primarily reports on entertainment news and celebrity gossip. Headlines use minimal loaded language such as this Celebrity Couples Who Got Back Together after a Breakup or Divorce. Stories are usually properly sourced to other credible media outlets. The website also publishes world news with minimal bias and proper souring such as this Hurricane Dorian Leaves around 70,000 People Homeless in the Bahamas. Although they claim on their about page that they do not cover politics, there is a tab that links to political news stories. The political stories are generally balanced and doesn’t appear to favor one side over the other. For example in this story they criticize former President Barack Obama and in this story they report negatively on President Donald Trump. In general, AmoMama focuses on entertainment news utilizing proper sourcing and presenting with minimal bias, however they do occasionally promote pseudoscience such as this: 12 Things You Better Get Rid of to Banish the Bad Energy.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate AmoMama Least Biased based on minimal reporting on politics that is generally balanced. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High, due to a lack of transparency in ownership and the occasional promotion of pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 9/15/2019)
Last Updated on February 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am