A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Analyzing America Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and propaganda as well as poor sourcing, and a failed fact check.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018, Analyzing America is a hyper-partisan conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page “AnalyzingAmerica.org was founded at Dartmouth College in May 2009 by classmates Joshua Riddle and David Rufful.” The year 2009, is 9 years prior to when they purchased this domain. Further, Riddle and Rufful have run other conservative websites such as the Young Conservatives, which is no longer online and exists now as a Facebook page. They also currently operate American News 24/7 and previously ran the now-defunct American News Hub.
The website does not list an editor.
Funded by / Ownership
According to their about page, AnalyzingAmerica.org is a partnership LLC and owned by Joshua Riddle and David Rufful. Josh and David hold equal 50% ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Analyzing America publishes summarized news stories from other sources and utilizes loaded emotional headlines such as this: GOP Red: ‘People Are Getting Hurt’ Because of de Blasio’s ‘Feckless Leadership’. This story completely lacks hyperlinked sourcing. Story selection always favors the right and often denigrates the left such as this: INSANE: Liberals Blame Trump for Rise in Antisemitism in Wake of Hanukkah Stabbing Attack. This story is sourced to the questionable Breitbart News. When it comes to sourcing, they sometimes do not provide hyperlinks and in other cases use far-right biased questionable sources such as the Gateway Pundit. Analyzing America also promotes conspiracy theories regarding the Clinton’s as well as pro-Trump propaganda. In general, this is a far-right biased website that lacks credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Analyzing America Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and propaganda as well as poor sourcing, and a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 12/30/2019)
Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm