Louder with Crowder is a podcast, radio show, and website run by Steven Blake Crowder who is a Canadian-American conservative political commentator, actor, and comedian. Louder with Crowder began as Youtube Channel in 2009 and as of 2019 has over 3 million subscribers. His shows are also broadcast on the strongly right-leaning Blaze TV. Steven Crowder labels his podcast as comedy.
Funded by / Ownership
Louder with Crowder is owned by Steven Crowder and is funded through advertising and sales of merchandise such as coffee mugs and t-shirts.
Analysis / Bias
In review, we will focus on the website as that is what is available to check. The website has headlines that are loaded with sensationalism such as Dear Violent Liberal Rioters: YOU Are the Fascist Nazis!. Within this article, there is not a single link to an outside credible source. Every link links to another Louder With Crowder article, which is a red flag for a credible source. When it comes to science, Steven Crowder is not a fan of the consensus when it comes to climate change such as this: Sorry, But You Can’t Scare Me Into Believing Man-Made Climate Change Hysteria. Louder with Crowder attempts to source their information, however, it mostly links back to previous articles on the website or to other right-leaning sources such as Campus Reform and the Washington Free Beacon. Steven Crowder also frequently criticizes transgender persons with articles such as this: Dear Gay-Trans Bullies: Sorry, the Rest of Us Still Have Rights… In general, all stories favor the right and denigrate the left with the use of strong emotionally loaded headlines.
Failed Fact Checks
- Adolf Hitler was a “leftist” who stated that Nazis “are socialists [and] mortal enemies of the present capitalist economic system.” – FALSE
- Germany created and distributed leaflets to curb sexual assault due to an incident in Cologne on New Year’s Eve. – MOSTLY FALSE
- Parkland mass shooting survivor Emma González admitted to bullying a former student who later killed seventeen people. – FALSE
- NASA now says that burning fossil fuels cools the planet. – FALSE
- Is a “Louder with Crowder” video that shows vacant lots at voter addresses in Nevada and Michigan proof of voter fraud? – FALSE
- We did some research and we found a fake London address, and that she appears to be in the Philippines. You know, people haven’t been able to find her. – FALSE
- “Sexuality Expert: Parents Need To Ask Babies Permission To Change Diapers.” – MOSTLY FALSE
Overall, we rate Louder with Crowder Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing, and several failed fact checks. Keep in mind Steven Crowder is a comedian, which needs to be taken into consideration when viewing his content. (D. Van Zandt 3/3/2017) Updated (3/22/2021)