These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Lone Conservative Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that have failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2016, the Lone Conservative describes themselves as: “a platform for students, by students, to share their thoughts on politics, current events, and conservative campus culture.” The website is founded by Kassy Dillon and the current editor-in-chief is Elizabeth Desimone.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, though one would assume Kassy Dillon is at the minimum a part-owner. The website is funded through online advertising, donations, and the sale of Lone Conservative merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Lone Conservative features young conservative writers who report with a moderately strong right-wing bias. Most headlines contain moderately loaded language, but some are very strong such as this one: Don’t Buy Beto’s Disgraceful False Equivalence on the NFL Protests. The content of articles is generally well written, researched and sourced, however sometimes they source questionable sources such as Dinish D’Souza, who has a poor track record with fact-checkers. The use of sources like Dinesh D’Souza reduce the credibility of what could have been a strong, informative article.
Overall, we rate the Lone Conservative Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that have failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 9/21/2018) Updated (6/7/2020)
Last Updated on June 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am