These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Rock Hill Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1872, The Rock Hill Herald is a daily morning newspaper published in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Its coverage is York, Chester, and Lancaster counties. According to their about page the current editor is Cliff Harrington.
Funded by / Ownership
The Rock Hill Herald is owned by the McClatchy Company, which is a publishing company based in Sacramento, California. They operate 30 daily newspapers in fourteen states with some notable newspapers being the Sacramento Bee, The Miami Herald, and Charlotte Observer. The Herald is funded through advertising and subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Rock Hill Herald covers local news, sports, weather, and crime through reporters. Articles and headlines are often minimally biased such as this: Earth Fare to close all stores, including 7 around Charlotte and 2 in the Triangle. National and international news is provided by the Associated Press. The website features a section for politics and government news that generally offers syndicated content from other McClatchy properties and the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Herald has endorsed Democratic presidential candidates such as Barack Obama in 2012. The opinion page tends to lean left with articles such as this: As Trump threatens Americans, guess whose senators are silent? and The governor should get louder on Medicaid expansion. In general, they report factually and with a left-leaning editorial bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Rock Hill Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/3/2020)
Last Updated on August 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds