These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Laconia Daily Sun slightly Left-Center biased based on op-eds that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2000, The Laconia Daily Sun is a five-day (Tuesday through Saturday) free morning daily newspaper published in the city of Laconia, New Hampshire, covering Belknap County and the Lakes Region. 18,000 copies of the paper are distributed by bulk drops at more than 300 locations. Home delivery is available for a fee. The paper also publishes a free online edition. The current managing editor is Roger Carrol.
Funded by / Ownership
The Laconia Daily Sun is published by Lakes Region News Club, Inc., which is a private company that publishes community newspapers in Maine and New Hampshire, United States. Revenue is derived through advertising, sponsored content, and subscription fees for home delivery.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Laconia Daily Sun publishes local news, community announcements, events, local business news, real estate columns, and classifieds. Local news is presented with minimal bias such as this Anonymous stranger helped return phone to Gilford woman. In fact, most local and community news is low biased in the presentation.
Editorially, The Laconia Daily Sun presents both left-center and right-center perspectives, without the use of extremes. For example, this editorial supports the dangers of climate change and the actions that need to occur: Froma Harrop: Do US carmakers want us to like them? While we could not find any editorials that deny human-influenced climate change, the paper does routinely publish letters to the editor that have a differing viewpoint such as this: Climate change alarmists are on the wrong side of history. The paper does not offer editorial coverage of President Trump, however, the story selection of news stories concerning Trump often leans toward negative. However, when covering Bernie Sanders there tends to be more favorable reporting, though letters to the editor do offer strong criticism. In general, they cover news factually and with minimal bias, whereas op-ed coverage tends to lean slightly left, but is reasonably balanced.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Laconia Daily Sun slightly Left-Center biased based on op-eds that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/14/2020)
Last Updated on October 9, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am