These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate KSL.com Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1949, KSL-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. KSL.com is the associated website covering news, sports, weather, and crime.
Funded by / Ownership
KSL-TV is owned by Bonneville International Corporation, an arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, making it one of only a few for-profit TV stations run by a religious organization. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, KSL.com covers local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Salt Lake City region. Local news is reporting with minimal bias such as this Gov. Cox: Utahns 65 and older can get COVID-19 vaccine in March; 1,273 new cases, 14 deaths reported Thursday. National and international news is republished through Deseret News, Reuters, and the Associated Press.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds; however, they report on local politics through Deseret News and national politics through Reuters and the Associated Press. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KSL.com Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/5/2021) Updated (03/16/2022)
Last Updated on March 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm