These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Jezebel Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1996, Jezebel is a social commentary website that focuses on woman’s issues, current affairs, and politics. The editor-in-chief is Julianne Escobedo Shepherd. The complete masthead can be found here.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, Jezebel covers woman’s issues and politics with a left-leaning bias in story selection. Headlines contain moderately loaded language such as this: Donald Trump’s Name Is Worth $4 Billion, According to Himself, and this Barbara Bush Talks Shit From Beyond the Grave. Sourcing is generally from credible mainstream sources. Editorially, Jezebel often denigrates the right and promotes the left through both wording and overall story selection.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Jezebel Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/27/2016) Updated (3/28/2019)
Last Updated on May 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm