Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Answers in Genesis a Quackery level pseudoscience website that rejects the consensus of science regarding evolution.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1997, Answers in Genesis (AiG), headed by Ken Ham, is a Christian apologetics ministry that promotes “creation science.” According to their about page, “Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively.”
Ken Ham is also the creator of the Creation Museum in Tennesse that promotes pseudoscientific, young-Earth creationist (YEC) explanation of the universe’s origin based on a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative in the Bible.
Funded by / Ownership
Answers in Genesis is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Answers in Genesis is a website that publishes news and information regarding young-earth creationism. The website rejects the scientific consensus on evolution such as this: Evolution? Impossible!. This review will be short. They reject science and interpret Genesis literally. Since we rate sources based on scientific consensus, Answers in Genesis is pseudoscientific by our methodology. A disclosure: several years ago, I refuted Ken Ham with scientific evidence on his Facebook page and was promptly blocked without explanation.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. See above as creationism is an unproven pseudoscience.
Overall, we rate Answers in Genesis a Quackery level pseudoscience website that rejects the consensus of science regarding evolution. (D. Van Zandt 8/22/2016) Updated (02/18/2022)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am