These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, International Viewpoint has a far-left bias in story selection when covering political issues, and we rate them factually mixed due to extreme views and poor sourcing.
Bias Rating: FAR LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: United Kingdom
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
International Viewpoint launched in 1982 and is headquartered in London, UK. According to their about statement, they describe themselves as: “International Viewpoint, the monthly English-language magazine of the Fourth International, is a window to radical alternatives world-wide, carrying reports, analysis, and debates from all corners of the globe.” Fourth International is a Trotskyist international communist organization.
Funded by / Ownership
The Magazine is primarily funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, International Viewpoint publishes articles, debates, reports, and analyses from a Marxist perspective. They frequently use loaded language in their headlines and in the body of the article, such as “Empire and the Middle East in the age of Trump.” International Viewpoint uses left-biased and other socialist sources such as Counterpunch and International Socialist Review. However, some articles do not source at all or provide supporting links.
They have authors from several countries, and they republish or translate articles from across the world written by activists from a progressive, anti-capitalist standpoint.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, International Viewpoint has a far-left bias in story selection when covering political issues, and we rate them factually mixed due to extreme views and poor sourcing. (M. Huitsing 03/13/2018) Updated (01/14/2022)
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm