These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Least Biased based on the promotion neutral information. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient.
Funded by / Ownership
The International Rescue Committee is a non-government, nonprofit with David Miliband currently serving as President. Funding comes from private and institutional donors as well as US Government agencies such as the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Analysis / Bias
In review, the IRC seeks to focus the attention of policymakers on humanitarian crises and the needs of refugees, internally displaced people and other victims of conflict. The website features information about their work as well as news stories such as this Is it legal to cross the U.S. border to seek asylum? Articles are straightforward, low-biased, and properly sourced. While some of the causes they champion align with the left regarding human rights, all info is presented with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Least Biased based on the promotion neutral information. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/12/2017) Updated (2/22/2021)
Last Updated on February 22, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am