These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate the Committee for Economic Development Least Biased based on evidence based reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1942, The Committee for Economic Development (CED) is a business-led public policy organization based in Washington, D.C. Its membership consists primarily of senior corporate executives from a range of U.S. industries and sectors. Together with its members, CED aims to sustain and promote free enterprise, improve education and healthcare, reform campaign finance, enhance corporate governance, and improve the fiscal health of the United States. The current President is Bernard Bailey.
Funded by / Ownership
The Committee for Economic Development is a nonprofit that is funded through donations. The CED provides links to their annual reports here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CED “conducts policy research in the following issue areas: fiscal health, education (including early childhood, K-12, and postsecondary), health care, campaign finance, women in corporate leadership, regulatory policy, immigration, infrastructure, and tax reform. CED aims to encourage American business leaders to take a more expansive view of their responsibilities by practicing what it calls “business statesmanship” — recognizing that business leaders can promote societal health by engaging in and speaking out for the common good on timely public policy issues.”
In general, this website promotes education through our current capitalist system. For example, this story What CEOs Can Do to Improve Higher Ed Outcomes. When it comes to immigration this source uses factual data that indicates we need more immigrants to sustain our economy such as this, which is at odds with the current conservative platform.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Committee for Economic Development Least Biased based on evidence based reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (7/6/2016) Updated (12/21/2019)
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am