These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) Left-Center biased based on political policy that favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1999, The Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) is a left-leaning economic policy think-tank based in Washington, D.C. which was co-founded by economists Dean Baker and Mark Weisbrot. According to their about page CEPR was created to “promote democratic debate on the most important economic and social issues that affect people’s lives. In order for citizens to effectively exercise their voices in a democracy, they should be informed about the problems and choices that they face.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Center for Economic and Policy Research is a nonprofit that is funded through donations. Employees at CEPR are members of the nonprofit professional employees union IFPTE Local 70.
Analysis / Bias
In review, CEPR is a progressive think tank that researches economics and publishes news. CEPR publishes Op-Eds on the website that is written by staff. These op-eds appear in other publications such as the left-leaning Truthout and the Washington Monthly. CEPR supports the following policy decisions: advocacy for the Affordable Care Act, increasing the minimum wage, as well as advocacy for full employment in the United States. In general, CEPR politically favors the left, however, research is thorough and properly sourced.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) Left-Center biased based on political policy that favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/11/2019)
Last Updated on September 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am