A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Head Topics Questionable based on poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency. There may be true stories here, but there is no way to vet the motivation or ownership of this source.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Founded in 2017, with the domain registered in Germany, Head Topics is a left leaning news and opinion source that completely lacks transparency. This website does not have an about page, disclosure of ownership or names associated with articles. Because we cannot verify Head Topics is headquartered in Germany we will list them as unknown, which is another strike against Transparency.
Funded by / Ownership
Head Topics does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Head Topics does not report original content, but rather either opines and sources other content or simply copies snippets of stories and links to the original source. Most stories link to CNN Breaking news, with others leading to least biased sources. It is not that the news published on Head Topics is false, it just is not original and there is zero accountability as to the originator of the news published here. There is no reason to fact check Head Topics as they do not produce original content.
Overall, we rate Head Topics Questionable based on poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency. There may be true stories here, but there is no way to vet the motivation or ownership of this source. (D. Van Zandt 11/30/2019)
Last Updated on April 9, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am