Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Gulag Bound a far-right conspiracy website that publishes unproven and misleading claims.
Factual Reporting: LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2010 by Arlen Williams, Gulag Bound is a strongly right-leaning conspiracy website. According to their about page “There is much we have learned about the global Marxofascist insurrection — from the likes of George Soros, Maurice Strong, David Rockefeller, and from Ban Ki-moon’s U.N., down to the creeping control of our neighborhoods and lives by their insidious “sustainable development initiatives,” and so many other subversions.”
Funded by / Ownership
Gulag Bound is owned by Sovereignty Unbound, LLC. It is unknown how or if Gulag Bound generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Gulag Bound publishes original articles as well as links to other sources that promote a conspiratorial conservative perspective. Headlines and articles often contain emotionally loaded wording that favors the right such as this: Pritzker’s Tyranny with Churches in COVID-19 Illinois. When it comes to sourcing they usually rely on far-right or questionable sources such as WND, Epoch Times, and Red Pill University.
Editorially, Gulag Bound promotes anti-globalism propaganda such as this: Globalists Using COVID-19 to Usher UN Agenda 2030 ‘Brave New World’ Ten Years Ahead of Schedule. They also frequently publish conspiracy theories such as those involving Bill and Melinda Gates: Melinda Gates: (Perilous) COVID-19 Vaccines Must Go to Blacks and People of Color Before Whites. In general this a strong right-wing conspiracy website.
Overall, we rate Gulag Bound a far-right conspiracy website that publishes unproven and misleading claims. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2016) Updated (6/20/2020)
Last Updated on June 20, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am