These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Guardians of Democracy strongly Left Biased based on story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate Mixed for factual reporting due to frequent use of loaded emotional language as well as a complete lack of transparency.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
The Guardians of Democracy, according to their own definition is a transpartisan organization that consist of citizen journalists and grassroots activists that present news. A domain search reveals a private registration in January 2017. The website does not disclose ownership or an editor, but Adrian Garcia is listed as the top author. He is the CEO and founder of the website The Gaily Grind, which publishes LGBTQ news.
Funded by / Ownership
Guardians of Democracy does not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Guardians of Democracy has a strong left bias in reporting choices and wording. While Guardians of Democracy does provide credible sources to back their articles, the bias in word choices is relatively obvious. Note the use of the word choice “brags”, which is meant to portray President Trump negatively “NEWS Trump Brags To Boy Scouts About Spending Time Partying On Yachts, Hints At Sex Yacht Party. Another example of emotionally loaded language can be found here: In Wild Rant, Trump Blames Obama For Ruining The White House’s Air Conditioning System. This story is sourced to Twitter and video. In general, story selection always favors the left and denigrates the right, in particular Donald Trump.
A factual reveals that they have not failed a fact check. However, they still earn a Mixed factual rating due to a complete lack of transparency when it comes to ownership and listing authors, as most by lines read “Guardians of Democracy Staff.”
Overall, we rate Guardians of Democracy strongly Left Biased based on story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate Mixed for factual reporting due to frequent use of loaded emotional language as well as a complete lack of transparency. (M. Huitsing 7/27/2017) Updated (7/26/2019)
Last Updated on April 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm