These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Greenville News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1874, The Greenville News is a daily morning broadsheet newspaper published in Greenville, South Carolina and is the thrid largest newpaper in the state. In December 1985, Gannett (owner of USA Today) purchased the Greenville News. The current editor is Katrice Hardy.
Funded by / Ownership
The Greenville News is owned by Gannett Company, which owns many newspapers in the United States, including their flagship newspaper, USA Today. The paper is funded through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Greenville News publishes local news through journalists and national/international news via the USA Today network. Local and national news uses minimally loaded words such as President Donald Trump names Mick Mulvaney as acting White House chief of staff. All stories are properly sourced to credible media and information. Editorially, the Greenville News typically endorses more Democratic candidates and there opinion pages present a diverse range of moderate opinions.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Greenville News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/14/2018)
Last Updated on February 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds