These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Global Real News Left-Center Biased based on news coverage that favors the left and Pro-Science when reporting on science-related stories. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting, not because of false information, but rather for not openly displaying the “news” tag on the website. This is both misleading and deceptive to readers.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2019 by Glenn Clinton, Global Real News is a website that publishes scientific stories. According to their about page they are “your source for accurate reporting on the latest scientific studies. We are a small team of scientifically-literate adults working in engineering, chemistry, and the pharmaceutical industry who write for this website whenever we see research that we believe is of interest to our readers. Here you’ll find clean, easy-to-read, and factual reporting on the latest scientific studies with no agenda.”
Funded by / Ownership
Global Real News is owned by Glenn Clinton and generates revenue through advertising. According to Whois Domain Search, this domain is currently for sale.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Global Real News writes original articles on science and scientific studies, however, it should be noted that they have not published a story since August 10, 2019. Stories typically have captivating titles to interest the reader such as this: The Extravagant Courtship Of Wolf Spiders Ends In A Deadly Trap. This story is appropriately sourced to the journal Behavioral Processes. In general, all of the science-related stories are credible.
Interestingly, this website has a hidden tag called “news” in which they take a news story published on Reddit and analyze the comments to determine if they are positive or negative and objective or subjective. The primary author for these analyzed Reddit posts is Karen Crowder. While the “news” tag is hidden and the articles not openly visible on the website, neither is Karen Crowder listed on the “meet the team” page. In our review of Karen Crowder’s assessments on what is negative or objective etc, we find that she is generally accurate in her determinations. However, the stories she chooses to analyze typically favor the left, especially when it comes to climate change action, where she disclaims: “As this is a story very close to my heart, we are digging deeper into this development and will update this post as soon as we are done.”
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Global Real News Left-Center Biased based on news coverage that favors the left and Pro-Science when reporting on science-related stories. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting, not because of false information, but rather for not openly displaying the “news” tag on the website. This is both misleading and deceptive to readers. (D. Van Zandt 9/11/2019)
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am