These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate EurekaAlert Pro-Science based on direct publication of studies and research from the original source.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1996, EurekaAlert is a website that covers all areas of science, medicine and technology. Eurekalert! provides news in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese.
Funded by / Ownership
EurekaAlert is published by the Pro-Science American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which is a nonprofit science organization that is funded through donations and membership fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, EurekaAlert primarily publishes news releases from universities and research organizations, such as this from the University of Michigan: Heart attack patients with mild cognitive impairment get fewer treatments. In general, all information published is classified as Pro-Science by our standards.
A factual search reveals they have never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate EurekaAlert Pro-Science based on direct publication of studies and research from the original source. (D. VanZandt 8/25/2019)
Last Updated on March 31, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm