These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate ERR News Least Biased based on minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: EXCELLENT
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
ERR News is the English-language online news service of Estonian Public Broadcasting. ERR News covers the latest political, economic, business, and cultural events in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. According to their about page, “ERR News is the English-language service of Estonian Public Broadcasting, run by a fully independent editorial team.”
Funded by / Ownership
ERR is a publically (government) owned and funded radio and TV station.
Analysis / Bias
According to Freedom House Report, “There are two press councils in the country. The Estonian Public Broadcaster (ERR) is supervised by the Public Broadcasting Council (RHN). Their members—by law, four media professionals and one representative from each parliamentary faction—are elected by Parliament. In 2012, after the terms of the four media professionals expired, the ruling coalition replaced them with its appointees without a public debate.”
In review, ERR News uses credible sources such as The Baltic News Service (BNS). When reporting U.S. news, ERR News generally uses neutral wording: “Pence to meet with heads of Baltic states in Tallinn next week. Editorially, most articles and opinion pieces are relatively balanced, with writers offering differing perspectives. There is a very slight right-leaning bias in editorials, but not enough to move this source from the Least Biased category.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate ERR News Least Biased based on minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 10/20/2017) Updated (04/20/2022)
Last Updated on May 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds