These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Detroit Free Press Left-Center Biased based on liberal-leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1831, The Detroit Free Press is the largest daily newspaper in Detroit, Michigan, USA. The Free Press has received ten Pulitzer Prizes and four Emmy Awards. The current editor is Peter Bhatia.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Detroit Free Press reports local news about the greater Detroit area with minimal bias, such as this Grosse Ile supervisor: We had ‘almost no notice’ on parkway bridge closure. National and international news is derived through USA Today.
Editorially, the Detroit Free Press has endorsed Democratic Presidential candidates since at least 1980. Op-Ed’s also currently favor the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Detroit Free Press Left-Center Biased based on liberal-leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/16/2016) Updated (11/15/2020)
Last Updated on May 14, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm