These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate WWJ – CBS Detroit Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1975, WWJ – CBS Detroit or 62 CBS is a CBS-owned-and-operated television station licensed to Detriot, Michigan, United States. The associated website is detroit.cbslocal.com that features local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Chicago area.
Funded by / Ownership
WWJ – CBS Detroit is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which National Amusements, Inc owns. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the WWJ – CBS Detroit website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Detroit Metro region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording: Legislature OKs $25M To Aid Brain Rehab Clinics Facing Cuts. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, WWJ – CBS Detroit does not publish op-eds; however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left, such as this State Lawmakers Look To Fight Pollution in Michigan Auto Lots and Junkyards. In general, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WWJ – CBS Detroit Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 07/01/2021)
Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am