Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, False Information, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2000 by Roberto D’Agostino, Dagospia is an Italian website that coves celebrity news, gossip, and politics. The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page. Roberto D’Agostino hosts a TV program and is a frequent guest on Italian Interview shows.
Funded by / Ownership
Roberto D’Agostino owns Dagospia through the holding company Dagospia Spa. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Dagospia publishes news articles, photos, and videos from other sources. Most information comes from credible Italian sources; however, they also use poor sources such as Russian propaganda sites RT News and Sputnik. We also found that they have republished content from the far-right conspiracy website Infowars. The website site is laid out like a tabloid with big pictures and sensational headlines across the top. Many of the photographs are of female celebrities that lack clothing. While most content is republished with large sensationalized headlines, they also occasionally publish original content consisting of rumors that are often not sourced.
While they occasionally use poor sources and sometimes do not provide a source at all, we have found instances of false or unproven claims. For example, they claimed that the Covid-19 virus was engineered in a Wuhan lab in the now-removed story. As of this date, there is no evidence to suggest the virus was engineered; however, it may have leaked from the lab. In general, Dagospia is a right-leaning, unreliable source for credible information.
Failed Fact Checks
- A third party has not fact-checked them; see the example above.
Overall, we rate Dagospia right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, false information, and a lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 11/20/2021) Updated (05/08/2022)
Last Updated on May 8, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am