A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate the Conservative Beaver Right Biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and the frequent publication of false information and actual fake news.
Reasoning: Poor Souring, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Checks, Fake News
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, the ConservativeBeaver.com is an anonymously run conservative news and opinion website that routinely publishes misleading or false information. According to their about page, “The Conservative Beaver has been informing Canadians for over 10 years. Starting in a U of O dorm room, eventually spreading through Montreal as an underground newspaper.”
The website lacks transparency as it does not list names associated with the website or ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The Conservative Beaver does not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Conservative Beaver primarily republishes and summarizes news stories from other sources. Most stories contain loaded emotional language such as this Dear US media, we don’t need Russia to attack our power grid, we’re perfectly capable of tanking it ourselves…just look at Texas. When it comes to sourcing, they frequently use questionable sources such as RT and OAN. When they produce original content, it is not always factual.
Editorially, all stories favor the right and often promote misinformation, as evidenced by numerous failed fact checks seen below. In general, Conservative Beaver is strongly right-biased and not a credible source for news.
Failed Fact Checks
- Says Pope Francis “was arrested Saturday in connection with an 80-count indictment of charges including possession of child pornography, human trafficking, incest, possession of drug paraphernalia and felony fraud.” – Pants on Fire
- President Barack Obama was arrested on Nov. 28 for espionage – False
- “Trudeau spotted in Christ Church, Barbados” – False
- “George Soros ARRESTED for election interference, in federal custody” – False
- “CEO of Disney jailed on CHILD SEX ABUSE charges” – False
- “Hunter Biden arrested for possession of CHILD PORN – False
- Justin Trudeau’s brother arrested on charges of sexual conduct with a minor – False
- CEO of Pfizer arrested, charged with fraud – media blackout – False
Overall, we rate the Conservative Beaver Right Biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and the frequent publication of false information and actual fake news. (D. Van Zandt 2/17/2021) Updated (11/06/2021)
Last Updated on February 24, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am