These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Colombia Reports Left-Center biased based on left-leaning sources utilized and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of linked sources on many articles.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in March 2008, Colombia Reports is headquartered in Medellin, Colombia. Colombia Reports is a news site that provides news about Colombia and is published exclusively in English. Adriaan Alsema founded Colombia Reports. According to their about page, it defines itself as “Colombia Reports is not-for-profit, because we want to be independent of commercial interests as much as we want to steer clear from political interest.”
Funded by / Ownership
Columbia Reports is a nonprofit funded through reader donations.
Analysis / Bias
According to Reporters Without Borders (RSF), “Colombia continues to be one of the western hemisphere’s most dangerous countries for the media.”
Colombia Reports provides national news and analysis regarding issues in Latin America. They utilize minimally loaded words in their articles and occasionally use credible sources such as narconews.com (editorially left-leaning) or derechos.org (an international human rights organization with their primary focus being on Latin America). Typically, Colombia Reports sources either by heavily quoting or linking to their own site, which has a left-center bias. For example, this article mentions a lot of statistics without a single link for verification. Colombia Reports has a least biased tone regarding US news.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Colombia Reports Left-Center biased based on left-leaning sources utilized and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of linked sources on many articles. (M. Huitsing 4/16/2018) Updated (01/25/2022)
Last Updated on January 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm