These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Colorado Springs Gazette Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1873, the Colorado Springs Gazette is a broadsheet daily newspaper from Colorado Springs, Colorado. The current editor is Vincent Bzdek. The paper won the Pulitzer Prize in both 1990 and 2014.
Funded by / Ownership
Since 2012, the Colorado Gazette has been owned by Clarity Media. The Clarity Media Group also owns other right-leaning publications such as the San Francisco Examiner and the Washington Examiner. The paper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Colorado Gazette covers local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this: Drive-thru coronavirus testing site opens in Colorado Springs. National and international news comes almost exclusively from the Associated Press. All information is properly sourced either through links or first-person accounting.
Editorially, the Colorado Gazette almost always endorses Republican candidates as evidenced by their 2018 endorsements: EDITORIAL: Gazette election endorsements 2018: Candidates. A review of editorial stories demonstrates that most favor the right, with many coming from the Right-leaning Washington Examiner. An example of a right-leaning editorial is as follows: EDITORIAL: Progressive goals mean huge middle-class taxes. In general, news reporting is factual, while editorial-opinion pieces consistently favor the right.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Colorado Springs Gazette Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2016) Updated (3/13/2020)
Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am