Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Climatism a strong conspiracy and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of Agenda 21 conspiracies and human influenced climate change denialism as well as a complete lack of transparency.
Factual Reporting: LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: Australia 26/180
Founded by Jamie Spry, Climatism is a blog that rejects human-influenced global warming. The website features the tagline: “Tracking Anthropogenic Climate Alarmism.” According to their about page “THIS blog aims to challenge alarmist claims, bringing to your attention the mass circulation of climate and environmental “catastrophe”, served up to you by eco-activists, green lobby groups, progressive politicians, rent-seeking corporatists, grant-driven scientists, fund-driven university departments all pushed pro bono by the climate-theory obsessed mainstream media machine.”
The blog does not provide information on Jamie Spry’s background and a search reveals minimal information. In fact, the website completely lacks transparency.
Funded by / Ownership
Climatism is owned by Jamie Spry and revenue is derived through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the sole purpose of this blog is to promote human-influenced climate change denial propaganda. They also frequently publish right wing conspiracy theories such as Agenda 21 being a weapon to replace capitalism with socialism. In another story, DR TIM BALL MUST READ : Environmentalism – Evidence Suggests It Was Always And Only About Achieving World Government, they promote the conspiracy that environmentalism is a ploy to achieve a one-world government. Climatism is also opposed to green energy: GREEN Energy Is The Perfect Scam.
One of the ways that Climatism attempts to debunk climate change is by reporting frequently on snow events such as this: ‘END OF SNOW’ UPDATE : Natural Snow Depth In Australia The Highest In Two Decades. They do this by pointing to dated articles from credible publications that stated some parts of the world will be snow-free in the future (not the whole world). Obviously this would be the case if temperatures warm. For example, a city like Atlanta in the Southern USA sees a little snow each year and many times none at all. As the climate warms their chances for snow will continue to decrease. This is very basic stuff, of course if you are convinced the earth is not warming, then that is a different matter. In general, Climatism completely lacks scientific credibility.
Overall, we rate Climatism a strong conspiracy and quackery level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of Agenda 21 conspiracies and human-influenced climate change denialism as well as a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 10/5/2019)
Last Updated on September 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am