These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Alberta Views Left-Center biased based on editorial positions and story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1997, Alberta Views is a Canadian Magazine based in Alberta, Canada. Alberta Views provides readers with information on arts and culture, lifestyle and focuses on a range of topics, including politics, healthcare, and technology. The publisher is Beth Ed, and the Founding Editor is Jackie Flanagan.
Read our profile on Canadian government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Jackie Flanagan founded Alberta Views, and according to The Ryerson Review of Journalism, funding for the magazine came from “Flanagan’s divorce settlement with Allan Markin, the chairman of Canadian Natural Resources Limited—one of the biggest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world.”
Analysis / Bias
In review, Alberta Views publishes long-form journalism with minimal bias such as this: Taking Back the Neighbourhood When sheriffs shut down drug houses. This article is featured in their print publication and therefore does not source with hyperlinks; however, information is cited and quoted. For the most part, there is minimal use of loaded language, and the content is well written. Editorially, Alberta Views does not endorse a political party; however, opinion pieces and story selection tend to lean left, such as this: Oil Sucks. This piece promotes environmentalism over the for-profit business of the oil industry.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Alberta Views Left-Center biased based on editorial positions and story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 6/17/2019) Updated (12/26/2021)
Last Updated on February 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am