Clash Daily is a website founded by Doug Giles, an extreme Christian right pastor. The website lacks transparency as they do not offer an about page or disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Clash Daily does not transparently disclose ownership, but it appears the site is held through Clash Daily LLC. Revenue is derived through donations and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Clash Daily reports on other news stories and adds additional conservative opinions. Headlines often contain loaded emotional language that favors the right such as this WTF? Indiana High School Providing E-Learning Due To COVID Is Conducting A ‘Virtual Fire Drill.’ They also frequently rely on questionable sources such as Prager U Prager U Asks: Would You Feel Safer At A Gun Rights Rally Or An Antifa Protest? (VIDEO).
Editorially they always favor the right and often promote misinformation, especially concerning coronavirus. For example, Clash Daily has reported that coronavirus is less deadly than the flu despite Covid-19 killing 5 times the average of a typical flu year in only 6 months as of this writing. They also promote Donald Trump through positive reporting such as this: STILL WINNING: Trump Upstages DNC Snorefest With This BIG Symbolic Pardon. Generally, this is a pro-conservative site that is not concerned with evidence in any argument.
Failed Fact Checks
- The mainstream media suppressed video of a massive march in which Muslims chanted “death to America.” – False
- At least 43% of all food stamp beneficiaries are undocumented immigrants. – False
- A Cleveland-area Fox affiliate described local murder suspect Steve Stephens as “dark white.” – False
- A video shows a group of Muslims attacking bar patrons in Cardiff, Wales, for drinking beer. – False
- Actor Kevin Bacon decided to change his last name because he did not want to offend Muslims. – False
Overall, we rate Clash Daily Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of conspiracy and propaganda, poor sourcing, a terrible track record with fact-checkers, and a lack of transparency. (10/19/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 07/02/2022)
Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.