These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate CityNews Winnipeg Least Biased based on mostly neutral wording and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Radio Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
CityNews Winnipeg is a Canadian radio station serving the greater Winnipeg area. Its radio station and website are in all-news format covering local, national, world, business, and entertainment news.
Read our profile on the Canadian government’s influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Rogers Media owns CityNews Winnipeg. According to The Canada Guide, more than 80 percent of Canadian media is owned by a cartel of just five corporations: Bell Media, Rogers Media, Postmedia, Corus, and Torstar, each of which owns dozens of different print publications and television networks under various subsidiaries and affiliates. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, CityNews Winnipeg provides national coverage, feature stories, and analysis of issues in Canada and abroad. They utilize minimal loaded words in their articles, such as this Emergency room closures in rural Manitoba a growing concern after patient dies being turned away. They also present low biased coverage of USA news and utilize credible sources such as the Associated Press and the Canadian Press.
Editorially, they do not publish opinion pieces, while political news is delivered with low bias. Finally, a Reuters institute survey found that 66% of respondents trust CityNews coverage and 12% do not, ranking them #5 in trust among the major English language Canadian news providers.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CityNews Winnipeg Least Biased based on mostly neutral wording and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/09/2022)
Last Updated on May 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am