These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Canadian Press Least Biased based on being a news agency that directly reports news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: Canada (14/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: News Agency
Traffic/Popularity: high Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Canadian Press is a national news agency headquartered in Toronto. It was established in 1917 as a vehicle to permit Canadian newspapers to exchange their news and information. It currently offers a wide variety of text, audio, photographic, video, and graphic content to websites, radio, television, and commercial clients in addition to newspapers and its long-standing ally, The Associated Press (AP), a global news service based in the United States.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Canadian Press is similar to Reuters and the Associated Press in that they report the news with minimal bias and excellent sourcing. The website does not publish news but instead sells its news stories to other media outlets.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Canadian Press Least Biased based on being a news agency that directly reports news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/16/2017) Updated (9/24/2021)
Last Updated on September 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm