These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, the Chicago Sun-Times is rated Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that often align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1948, The Chicago Sun-Times is a daily newspaper published in Chicago, Illinois. It is the flagship paper of the Sun-Times Media Group. The current editor is Chris Fusco.
Funded by / Ownership
The Chicago Sun-Times does not disclose ownership on the website; however, it is owned by Sun-Times Investment Holding LLC, which ST Acquisition Holdings purchased in 2017. Revenue is derived through subscription fees and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Chicago Sun-Times publishes news covering the Chicago area and national and international news. Local news is reported through journalists with minimal bias: Ex-CPD commander sentenced to six months community confinement after pocketing dead mom’s Social Security checks. National and world news is covered through journalists, the Associated Press, and USA Today.
Editorially, they favor a liberal perspective and often report negatively on former President Trump: The case for impeachment over censure for President Donald Trump. The Sun-Times also repeatedly endorsed Democratic candidates since 1980.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, the Chicago Sun-Times is rated Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that often align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/16/2016) Updated (9/21/2021)
Last Updated on September 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am