These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Center for International Policy Left-Center biased based on advocacy and editorial positions that align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Center for International Policy (CIP) is a non-profit public policy research and advocacy think tank with offices in Washington, D.C., and New York City. It was founded in 1975 in response to the Vietnam War. The Center describes its mission as “promoting a U.S. foreign policy based on international cooperation, demilitarization, and respect for human rights. The current President and CEO are Salih Booker.
Funded by / Ownership
The Center for International Policy is a nonprofit that is funded through donations. The website fully discloses its large donors as follows:
Analysis / Bias
In review, CIP conducts research and advocates for the most urgent threats to the planet: war, corruption, inequality, and climate change. Article headlines often contain emotionally loaded language such as this Turkey’s Invasion of Syria, Made in the U.S.A. This story is appropriately sourced. The website also features a section called Voices that links to full articles from other sources such as Forbes and Counterpunch.
Editorially, CIP promotes progressive left-leaning policies such as anti-war, inequality, and concerns with global warming. CIP reports negatively on President Trump, The Saudi lobbying machine continues to exert influence on Congress — and Trump, and this In Search of a Post-Trump Foreign Policy. In general, The Center for International Policy reports factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Center for International Policy Left-Center biased based on advocacy and editorial positions that align with the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/16/2016) Updated (01/25/2021)
Last Updated on January 25, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am