These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the International Policy Digest Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded by John Lyman in 2011, the International Policy Digest is a news commentary and analysis website focused on global affairs. According to their about page, they have “a goal to give voice to writers worldwide who are often marginalized, IPD aims to put these writers at the forefront of an ever-churning global news cycle. On any given day, you will find articles that address the Asia Pacific or Middle East regions, as well as articles that address key U.S. policy.”
Funded by / Ownership
John Lyman owns and edits International Policy Digest. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
International Policy Digest publishes original commentary and analytical essays on global affairs, especially related to developing nations. News articles and headlines often do not contain emotional wording, such as this U.S.-Venezuelan Dialogue Frees Two Americans. However, when covering politics, the wording becomes more emotional, favoring the left, such as this Why are Biden’s Critics So Dumb? Further, the information contained in the articles is appropriately sourced from credible media outlets such as the New York Times, The Atlantic, and The Bulwark.
Editorially, the International Policy Digest favors a progressive perspective, often disagreeing with the Biden administration’s establishment views, such as this Trumpism with a Biden Face: U.S. Haitian Policy. However, they frequently report negatively on conservatives and former President Trump, such as this The ‘Sore Loser Effect’: Rejecting Election Results can Destabilize Democracy and Drive Terrorism. In general, they report news factually and with a progressive left bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the International Policy Digest Left Biased based on editorial perspectives that align with the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 04/03/2022)
Last Updated on April 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am