Launched in 1992, New England Cable News (NECN) is a cable news TV station owned and operated by NBCUniversal (Comcast Corporation). NECN serves the entire New England region covering news, weather, sports, business, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
NECN is owned by NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast, which owns multiple TV stations around the USA. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
NECN provides local news coverage for the greater New England region with minimal bias in wording such as this Police Seek Person of Interest in Deadly Chelsea Shooting. Videos from the TV station accompany most stories. The Associated Press and NBC News serve national and international news on the website.
Editorially they do not produce op-eds focusing on straight news reporting such as this covering politics Biden Vows to Evacuate All Americans — and Afghan Helpers. In general, news reporting is factual and presents a minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate New England Cable News (NECN) Least Biased based on straight news reporting with minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/16/2017) Updated (8/20/2021)
Last Updated on August 20, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am