These media sources are slight to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Campaign for Liberty Right-Center biased (Libertarian) and Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed fact checks and a lack of transparency.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Campaign for Liberty is a political organization founded by twelve-term United States, Congressman Ron Paul. Campaign for Liberty focuses on educating elected officials and the general public about constitutional issues and currently provides a membership program. Its legal status is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit. According to Ron Paul, the purpose of the Campaign for Liberty is to continue the principles that invoked the grassroots support of his campaign and also to be able to continue the message that he promoted during his bid, without having a presidential campaign, and is also intended to “lay the groundwork for a different America.” It was also established as a reporting agency for news involved with the principles of the organization.
Funded by / Ownership
Campaign for Liberty is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit supported through donations. The website lacks transparency as they do not disclose donors.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Campaign for Liberty states their policy positions on federal issues such as auditing the fed and defense of internet freedom. Their stated state issues are: Protection of the 1st Amendment, abolishing Common Core Education, healthcare being a state choice, and fighting against the police state. The blog consists of Ron Paul and others with a pro-libertarian bias. Campaign for Liberty uses minimal loaded words, and they usually source their information. However, they have failed two fact checks here and here.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Estimates for adopting Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion show it will cost Virginia taxpayers $902 million through 2022.” – Mostly False
- Says U.S. Rep. Tom Price is sending letters both supporting and opposing the “small-business killing Internet Tax Mandate.” – False
Overall, we rate Campaign for Liberty Right-Center biased (Libertarian) and Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed fact checks and a lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 1/25/2018) Updated (05/13/2022)
Last Updated on May 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am