These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
- Overall, we rate the Campaign Life Coalition Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency and poor sourcing techniques.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1978, The Campaign Life Coalition is a Canadian non-partisan political lobbyist organization. Based in Toronto, the organization advocates for socially conservative values. In addition to its initial goals of opposing abortion and euthanasia, the Campaign Life Coalition advocates for traditional family values, including opposition to same-sex marriage.
According to the about page, “Campaign Life Coalition is a national pro-life organization working at all levels of government to secure full legal protection for all human beings, from the time of conception to natural death. We defend the sanctity of human life against threats posed by abortion, euthanasia, doctor-assisted suicide, reproductive and genetic technologies, cloning, infanticide, eugenics, population control, and threats to the family.” The national President is Jeff Gunnarson.
In 1997, they founded the LifeSiteNews website, which we rate Right Biased and Mixed for factual reporting.
Funded by / Ownership
The Campaign Life Coalition does not disclose ownership or offer any open disclosure of funding though they accept donations on the website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Campaign Life Coalition promotes news and information primarily aimed at a pro-life audience. They provide information on alternatives to abortion and explicit photos to discourage abortion. They provide a blog that frequently promotes a pro-life agenda such as THIS US ELECTION MUST BE ABOUT ABORTION. This article is unsourced.
Editorially, they support conservatives such as Derrick Sloan in 2020, who opposes abortion. They generally report news in a one-issue conservative fashion and without credible sourcing.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Campaign Life Coalition Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency and poor sourcing techniques. (D. Van Zandt 11/25/2016) Updated (05/13/2022)
Last Updated on May 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am