These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Buzzsaw Politics Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the conservative agenda. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to sometimes not sourcing information and/or using poor sources.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2020 by Ryan Ledendecker, who is also the chief editor and a daily contributor, Buzzsaw Politics is a news and opinion website that reports from a conservative perspective. According to their about page “BuzzsawPolitics.com is a conservative commentary website and the stories on which we report are sourced from verified sources. Stories are all filed under the “Commentary” or “Opinion” category on the website, which is clearly marked above each story, above the fold.”
The website is transparent as they name an owner, editor and cite the names of authors with short bios.
Funded by / Ownership
Buzzsaw Politics is owned by Ryan Ledendecker with revenue generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Buzzsaw Politics appropriately labels their stories either commentary or opinion. Most stories are written from a conservative perspective on a known news story from a variety of sources. Story selection almost always favors the right and in particular President Donald Trump, while denigrating Democrats such as this: Opinion: Pelosi Impeached Trump Over Withholding Aid. Now She’s Withholding Aid To Us. and this Trump’s In The ‘Catch 22’ Of A Lifetime. If He Succeeds, Put Him On Mount Rushmore. When it comes to sourcing information, many articles do not link to outside information, while other link to credible sources such as the CDC and the Associated Press. In some cases they utilize questionable sources such as Breitbart, which has a very poor track record with fact checkers. In general, Buzzsaw Politics presents factual news and commentary with a strong right leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Buzzsaw Politics Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the conservative agenda. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to sometimes not sourcing information and/or using poor sources. (D. Van Zandt 3/26/2020)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am