Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Like many disreputable websites, Godfather Politics does not have an about page or any names associated with their contact page. A Whois search reveals the domain was purchased in 2011 and appears to originate from Georgia, USA (unconfirmed).
Funded By / Ownership
Godfather Politics does not provide ownership information on their website, however the domain is registered to Discount Book Distributors. The website is clearly funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Godfather Politics is an extreme right wing website that publishes news and opinions that always favor the right and denigrate the left. There is over-the-top use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Christmas-Hating Leftists Launch War on Michigan Grade School’s Three Wise Men Display. They also routinely publish conspiracy theories such as those involving Hillary Clinton’s health…2 years after the election. When it comes to sourcing, they utilize discredited right wing conspiracy sites such as Infowars and the Gateway Pundit. In general, every story on this website is sensationalized and mostly misleading to fit the extreme right wing narrative.
Overall, we rate Godfather Politics Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, routine promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories that are damaging to the left. (D. Van Zandt 12/7/2018)
Last Updated on April 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am